Job Location: Snodland, ME6 5JX
Job Status: Permanent (Full-time)
Job Career Level: Experienced (Managerial)
Job Reference code: HH/DM
MTS Cleansing Services Limited on of the largest independent liquid waste management companies in the South are looking to recruit an experience Depot/Transport Manager to help run their site in Snodland, Kent.
Working closely with the Contracts Director and Senior Contract Manager the ideal candidate will be responsible for managing 41 operatives and an administration team of 3 based at our site location.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the delivery of planned and reactive services to industrial, commercial and domestic customers in accordance with established quality procedures.
- Receive service requests verbally or electronically, providing advice and prices to customers, and coordinate the relevant resources to meet agreed timescales.
- Plan and schedule labour, vehicles and plant on a daily and weekly basis allowing flexibility to accommodate emergency responses / changes to the works programme.
- Ensure H&S and environmental compliance of operations including the preparation of risk and method statements, and the inspection and maintenance of plant.
- Use standard and in-house software for a range of tasks including job management and costing as well as reporting and administration.
- Manage day to day issues arising from the supervision of field teams including providing advice and instructions, attendance and timekeeping, sickness and other absence, authorisation of overtime, coaching, welfare, disciplinary matters and the identification of training needs.
- Liaise with and assist generally other sections in the Company in the delivery of operational and administrative services to internal and external customers.
- Perform tasks at all times in accordance with H&S and statutory procedures having regard also to the Company’s quality management system.
Previous experience to include:
- Management of staff and fleet resources.
- Experience within the water industry or environmental sector would be desirable.
- IT Literate, in particular familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Dealing with client and customers in a professional manner.
- Good communicator, able to provide clear oral and written advice to field teams and management as required.
- Organising and planning skills to ensure work programmes are established and followed.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Reliable, responsible, numerate and commercially aware.
- Receptive to training and new ways of working.
- Work consistently to high standards of quality, health and safety.
The ideal candidate would have worked in the Water/ Waste water industry previously and have transport experience.
If this position interests you, please download an application pack below and return your completed application to email@example.com.
Please note that we will NOT take any calls from Recruitment agencies, sales, marketing companies or any web careers services.
Download application pack