Job Location: Medway City Estate, Rochester (ME2), ME2 4NF
Job Status: Active
Job Career Level: Payroll/Finance
Competitive and negotiable
Job Reference code: PA/SH
MTS Cleansing Services Ltd has been an established Waste Management Company for over 35 years. Over the years, we have increased our fleet and employee headcount, generated fantastic long term relationships with our customers across the UK and been recognised as one of the biggest Waste Management companies in the industry. We have won awards for our achievements and want our reputation and success to continue for many more years to come.
We are currently looking to recruit a Payroll Assistant to work at the Head Office location in Rochester, Kent, ME2 4NF.
Working with in the Payroll & HR department the ideal candidate would be experienced in processing a monthly payroll for up to 400 employees.
Duties to include:
- End-to-end Processing of payroll and dealing with all payroll duties whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Reconcile monthly pension contributions and auto enrolment
- Preparation and submission of salaries by BACS
- Processing P45 and HMRC notifications
- Calculating overtime and time-sheet reconciliation.
- Updating and maintaining payroll records.
- Liaising with staff and management on payroll related queries.
- Maintaining leave, sickness and overtime reports.
- Interpreting awards/agreements and contracts in relation to overtime, shift allowances etc.
- Undertaking required reporting, both internal and statutory reporting.
- Calculation and payment of termination payments.
- Processing statutory payments.
- Processing increases and calculation of back pays.
- Year-end reconciliation
- General support in HR administration and activities
- Undertake general office duties, including filing of work records as required.
What do we need from you:
- Working Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00 37.5 hours per week
- Own transport desired due to job location not being close to public transport
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Payroll is desirable but not essential.
- RTI systems knowledge, IT literate, familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, including intermediate Excel knowledge or above.
- Knowledge of HR systems, practices and current legislation rules
- Experience with Inland Revenue rules and payments
- Good communicator, able to provide clear oral and written advice to managers and colleagues as required.
- Able to work to tight deadlines, with exceptional levels of accuracy and attention to detail; working under a minimum of supervision.
- Reliable, Trustworthy, responsible, numerate and commercially aware.
- Work consistently to high standards of quality, health and safety.
What you will get from us:
- Job Security
- 20 Days holiday per year plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension and life cover after qualifying period
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Support from a family run company that considers, your health, safety and wellbeing as a number one priority
- Free Parking
- Uniform provided