LGV Drainage Engineer Mates
Job Location: Chickenhall, with remote working within the UK when required
Job Status: Permanent (Full-time)
Job Career Level: Experienced (Non-managerial)
Dependent on experience
Job Reference code: DEM/CH/1
Hours: As Terms and Conditions, call out and standby rotas apply. Overtime and some unsocial hours in accordance with statutory provisions.
Reporting to: Divisional Manager or Drainage Engineer when field based.
- Operate specialist jetting plant and vacuum tankers to clean clients’ apparatus, and transport and dispose of liquid waste, working on private and public land in strict accordance with statutory health, safety, and environmental procedures. Undertake basic H&S vehicle checks at the start and finish of each shift.
- Report all defects, accidents and near misses immediately to line manager.
- Ensure all jobs are correctly documented with work tickets submitted at the end of each shift.
- You will be required to drive any company vehicle your licence entitles you to drive; training will be given if necessary.
- Assist your driver with paperwork as required and when required.
- Ensure the condition of all issued personal protective clothing and equipment remains fit for purpose, clean and free from defects.
- Keep the vehicle and equipment washed down on a weekly basis, free from rubbish in hose and tool boxes and the cab.Undertake ad-hoc duties as and when your vehicle is off the road or you are required to assist other field teams in exceptional circumstances.
- Attend meetings, medical and training courses as required.
- Previous work involving liquid waste products in the water utility / environmental services sector is desirable. Knowledge of safe working in streetworks preferred.
- Reliable, practical and responsible.
- Able to deal with the public in a polite and friendly manner.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision and to receive instructions remotely.
- Good communicator, able to provide clear oral information to colleagues and management when required and to complete work tickets, log books etc.
- Work consistently to high standards of health and safety
- A zero tolerance alcohol and drug abuse policy applies
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email including your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can download, complete and return our application pack below to: MTS Cleansing Services Ltd, Stanley House, Anthonys Way, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent, ME2 4NF.
No agencies or advertising companies please.