Job Location: Head Office, Rochester, Kent ME2 and based at Snodland, Kent ME6
Job Status: Active
Job Career Level:
Job Salary: £30,900 per annum per year
Job Reference code:
Health and Safety Advisor
Benefits: Holidays (including Bank Holidays), pension, free car parking, company and water industry training.
Duration: Full time
Start date: Immediately.
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.00am till 5.00pm (1 hour lunch).
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced H&S Advisor who will take autonomy of their role, as a key coordinate within the operational and health and safety sectors within the business. You will report to the Head of SHEQ and duties will include but will not be restricted to:
• Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory health and safety procedures and application of best practice in all operations relating to the business;
• You will be responsible for providing training and advice/guidance to management and staff regarding operational safety;
• Collate and input data to the company data management systems on a regular basis and produce monthly analytical reports;
• Investigate fully any accidents or incidents with full root cause analysis, recommended actions through a comprehensive report;
• Collate and prepare monthly client safety reports and attend client meetings;
• Undertake regular site/depot health and safety inspections/audits.
The Health and Safety Advisor must be able to demonstrate:
• To be a highly motivated individual who is willing to learn and achieve the requirements of the business and IMS;
• To be able to fully demonstrate the ability to multi-task, prioritise and communicate well with others, and take autonomy of your job role;
• Ability to plan, prioritise and use own initiative;
• Diligence and strong attention to detail;
• Having a strong understanding of how to compile RAMS and adapt to specific requirements relating to the business;
• Having strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required, along with the creative ability to edit documents and add pictures and detail to provide clarity;
• Strong knowledge of relevant health & safety legislation;
• Enjoying working in a busy, demanding environment, and being a key component in a successful team.
Here's What You'll Need:
• NEBOSH General and/or Construction certificate and Diploma or equivalent or working towards;
• Ideally Chartered Membership of IOSH or a related professional body or working towards;
• Conversant in compliance with requirements of legislation, ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO9001 standards;
• Relevant experience in waste management and a transport environment will be an advantage;
• 5 Years’+ experience in a similar role.