Transport Manager – Liquid Waste and Environmental Services
Job Location: Wanlip depot (LE7 4PF)
Job Status: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Job Career Level: Experienced
Job Reference code: TM/STW/1
MTS Cleansing Services Ltd, one of the UK’s largest independently owned companies in the liquid waste and utilities industry, is currently looking to recruit a Transport Manager to join its established and successful team on a full time basis working within the Midlands area.
Due to the nature of the business, we would require suitable candidates to live within a 25 mile radius of the Wanlip depot (LE7 4PF).
The Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage successful service levels to an established existing client base.
- Working as part of a team and able to demonstrate team work verbally and written.
- Support the Contract Manager and Director to maintain an efficient service level.
- Oversee the efficient running of the depot on a daily basis, liaising with other depots and Head Office personnel.
- Plan and schedule labour, vehicles and plant on a daily and weekly basis allowing flexibility to accommodate emergency responses / changes to the works programme.
- Ensure H & S and environmental compliance of operations, including the preparation of risk and method statements, and the inspection and maintenance of plant.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly by the drivers and submitted on time via our tablet system.
- Current CPC holder.
- Effectively and continuously manage the transport activities of the licence holder.
- Ensure the drivers comply with drivers’ hours and tachograph rules and with speed limits.
- Ensure the vehicles are maintained properly, including inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found.
- Reporting and recording of vehicle defects by drivers.
- Making arrangements to ensure the vehicles are not overloaded.
- Notifying the traffic commissioner of all prosecutions and convictions concerning the drivers within strict timescales.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previously worked within the utilities and/or waste industry and have built a good reputation for sound knowledge of legislation, processes, plant and staff capabilities for all work packages including Health, Safety and environmental legislation.
- Able to comply with the Office of the Traffic Commissioner regulations regarding Transport Manager obligations and regulations.
- Have signed a declaration for Transport Managers licence authorisation.
The ideal candidate will be required to support the Contracts Manager and would need to demonstrate that they are motivated, ambitious and a team player, with the necessary skills to manage a depot on a day-to-day basis whilst at the same time delivering results and innovation.
They will also be required to maintain the Company’s services to Severn Trent Water Utilities, including strategic planning, liaising with clients, resource allocation and all aspects of running a highly effective team to deliver the best results possible within deadlines.
Successful candidates must also be able to show integrity, loyalty, trust and devotion to a very tightly managed and well established family built and run business.
This position is not for the fainthearted. We are looking for candidates who have the drive and desire to succeed, are hardworking, dedicated, and above all are interested in joining a company that is growing, successful and a market leader in the field.
If you would like to apply and be considered for this position, please email your full CV including a covering letter explaining your experience, salary expectation and why you would be suitable for the position to HR@mtscleansing.co.uk.