Accident Insurance Officer
Job Location: Rochester, Stanley House, although may be required to work elsewhere
Job Status: Permanent (Full-time)
Job Career Level: Experienced (Non-managerial)
£18,000.00 - £22,000.00 per year
Job Reference code: AIO/SH/1
Division: Human Resources
Hours: Monday to Friday, 08.00am to 17.00pm, with an hour unpaid lunch break per day
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager and Company Directors
Liaising with: Drivers, Managers, Insurance Brokers and Third Party Claimants
- Assisting in the management of insurance claims for the Company’s fleet;
- Processing the relevant paperwork following an accident, including accident reports and witness statements, and liaising with both the member of staff and their line manager;
- Carrying out a regular audit of driving licences (including HGV entitlement/CPC cards);
- Monitoring the Company’s Dart Charge and Congestion Charge accounts;
- Advising Managers on investigations relating to motor claims and, where applicable, supporting them at the relevant meetings;
- Reviewing open insurance claims on a daily basis;
- Liaising with both the Compliance Director and Insurance Broker when settling claims, and recovering costs from Third Party Claimants and employees;
- Liaising with the Finance/Payroll Department, regarding the recovery of costs, and submitting the relevant paperwork needed for processing;
- Undertaking ad-hoc administrative duties, including supporting the Human Resources Department when necessary.
- Non-specific, however previous experience in the insurance industry would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry would be an advantage;
- IT literate and in particular familiar with Microsoft Office;
- Dealing with customers professionally.
- Good communicator, able to liaise with employees, managers, claimants and insurers.
- Organising and planning skills to ensure work programmes are established and followed;
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Reliable, responsible, numerate and commercially aware;
- Receptive to training and new ways of working;
- Work consistently to high standards of quality, health and safety.
- A zero tolerance alcohol and drug abuse policy applies.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email including your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can download, complete and return our application pack below to: MTS Cleansing Services Ltd, Stanley House, Anthonys Way, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent, ME2 4NF.
No agencies or advertising companies please.