Job Location: Southern Water region, (Ham Hill, Goddards Green or Chickenhall), although may be required to work elsewhere.
Job Status: Permanent (Full-time)
Job Career Level: Experienced (Non Manager)
Job Reference code: HSA/SW/1
Division: Health and Safety
Hours: Mon – Fri, 7am to 5pm, weekend working, out of hours and standby rotas apply.
Reporting to: Head of SHEQ
Liaising with: Company-wide from Directors and Divisional Managers through to all levels of staff.
- Reporting to Head of SHEQ assisting in all aspects of Health and Safety for the company.
- Supporting Depot Management, field and engineers in advising Health and Safety matters.
- Field based role with a base location within the Southern Water region.
- Undertaking incident investigations to establish cause and remedies needed for improvement.
- Collation of incident data and near miss reporting.
- Producing talk box talks when required.
- Identify Health and Safety issues and rectify through established training methods.
- Conducting company inductions for new starters.
- Supporting business needs as required.
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in a SHEQ role in a similar industry with Health and Safety experience.
- A NEBOSH certificate as a minimum.
- Experience of managing, coaching and improving all areas of health and safety.
- Very high standard of communication skills for client presentations, proposals and report writing.
- Ability to develop and sustain new business relationships.
- Experience of BSI ISO 9001, 14001 and BSI OHSAS 18001 standard.
- Visible Health and Safety values.
- Accurate and attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate results delivery.
- Partnership building (internal and external users).
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent information sharing ability at all levels.
- Visible SHEQ values.
- Improvement drive.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Embracing and Driving change.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning and organising skills.
- The ability to interact with people at all levels within/external to the company.
- The ability to self-prioritise workload.
General: A zero tolerance alcohol and drug abuse policy applies.
To apply please download the application form and return the completed form with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.