Job Location: Rochester, although required to work elsewhere.
Job Status: Permanent (Full-time)
Job Career Level: Experienced (Non-managerial)
Job Reference code: Trans Sch SH
Hours: 8.30am to 17.00pm Monday to Friday with an hours unpaid lunch break.
Reporting to: Divisional Manager
Liaising with: Company-wide from Directors and Divisional Managers through to all levels of staff.
- Help manage the delivery of planned and reactive services to industrial, commercial and domestic customers in accordance with established quality procedures.
- Receive service requests verbally or electronically, providing advice and prices to customers, and coordinate the relevant resources to meet agreed timescales.
- Plan and schedule labour, vehicles and plant on a daily and weekly basis allowing flexibility to accommodate emergency responses / changes to the works programme.
- Ensure H&S and environmental compliance of operations including the preparation of risk and method statements, and the inspection and maintenance of plant.
- Use standard and in-house software for a range of tasks including job management and costing as well as reporting and administration.
- Help manage day to day issues arising from the supervision of field teams including providing advice and instructions, attendance and timekeeping, sickness and other absence, authorisation of overtime, coaching, welfare, disciplinary matters and the identification of training needs.
- Liaise with and assist generally other sections in the Company in the delivery of operational and administrative services to internal and external customers.
- Perform tasks at all times in accordance with H&S and statutory procedures having regard also to the Company’s quality management system.
- Transport planning, scheduling experience required.
- Experience within the water industry or environmental sector would be desirable.
- IT literate, and in particular familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Dealing with customers professionally.
- Good communicator, able to provide clear oral and written advice to field teams and management as required.
- Organising and planning skills to ensure work programmes are established and followed.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Reliable, responsible, numerate and commercially aware.
- Receptive to training and new ways of working.
- Work consistently to high standards of quality, health and safety.
- A zero tolerance alcohol and drug abuse policy applies.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email including your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can download, complete and return our application pack below to: MTS Cleansing Services Ltd, Stanley House, Anthonys Way, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent, ME2 4NF.
No agencies or advertising companies please.
Download application pack